Inspiration from here.
6 medium eggs
Salt and Pepper
chopped coriander (loosely 1/4c)
1/4c coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 frozen spinach cubes (Talleys) – thawed in microwave (about 1min 30sec) and then squeezed the excess liquid out using paper towels. Final amount a compact 1/3-1/2c.
1 rasher of bacon, cooked, rind off
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Ghee for frying.
Whisk eggs and salt and pepper. Add coconut flour, baking soda, mix well. Add coriander, bacon, apple cider vinegar. Mix again.
Heat ghee and place dollop into frying pan; press down to flatten the patty. Turn once browned; once cooked cool on a wire rack.
(Makes 6 thick cakes).
Inspiration from here
1x tin 210g salmon, well drained
1x tin 105g salmon, well drained
1 spring onion, finely sliced (a loose 1/4c once chopped)
chopped coriander (about another loose 1/4c on top of the spring onion)
1c mashed boiled kumara, skin off
zest of 1/2 lemon
3 eggs (medium)
1/2 tsp ground chilli
salt & pepper to taste
- Mix salmon, spring onion and coriander together.
- Add the mashed kumara, mix together.
- Add rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Grease 6 texas size muffin tins and put mixture in each one. Flatten with back of spoon.
- Into oven 180C; 20-25mins.
- Turn out onto a wire rack.
Took inspiration from here and did this:
- 12 eggs, (initially I whisked 6 eggs with cream, but the tide was out, so added what ended up being another 6 eggs whisked without additional cream)
- enough bacon to fit 6 texas muffin size cups
- half an onion, chopped,
- half a capsicum
- grated cheese
- 2 cups had a dollop of pesto-y type stuff I had in the fridge
Sauted onion and then added capsicum
Lined the texas muffin cups with bacon, tried to get fat side poking up so they’ll crisp up in oven
Added the chopped onions/capsicum, then topped up with egg.
Added the pesto to 2, then grated cheese across all of them.
Oven @ 180C … 20mins